Make a donation

Author Topic: Mid / Highline clock mash-up?  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Geomac901

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Mid / Highline clock mash-up?
« on: May 12, 2015, 09:52:44 pm »
Hey chaps. Hopefully some if you in the technical know how will be able to help..

To cut a long story short I got myself a set of Highline clocks. I admittedly thought they wer for the GTI but nope. They only go to 160mph were as my ones in the car go to 180mph.

Is there any way to about getting the Highline display and the correct dials?

Or should I just sell the ones I have and invest in a set of white scirocco one with would be my first choice if I where to get new ones?

Thoughts and as per usual thanks gents.

George
55 plate mk5 GTi steel Grey.. Full leather with heated seats,  armrest with cd changer and flat bottomed steering wheel. Very standard :( 2.0 Tfsi Petrol.  That's all for now! :P

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
Re: Mid / Highline clock mash-up?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 09:55:53 pm »
Sell it and buy gti  highline clusters.  For the white scirocco ones you may need to change your abs pump

Offline Geomac901

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 09:58:03 pm »
I had read about that. Is the pump hard to change? Or is it the coding that goes along with it?
55 plate mk5 GTi steel Grey.. Full leather with heated seats,  armrest with cd changer and flat bottomed steering wheel. Very standard :( 2.0 Tfsi Petrol.  That's all for now! :P

Kam88

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 10:19:11 pm »
i have a midline gti cluster that is 180mph can you not just swap the foils and that be it ?

full working condition and i want £50 for it ??

Offline Geomac901

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 10:27:27 pm »
That's what I have at the moment in the car.. But got a Highline and hadn't noticed until I was talking to someone on here.

Does anyone know if it's as simple. As swapping the foils? Would that work?

Kam88

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 10:49:47 pm »
potentially try swapping foils is 5 mins plug it in and try ???? unless you haven't coded them as yet ??

Offline Geomac901

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 10:54:18 pm »
Theyr not coded yet and I don't really fancy taking them apart unless I'm totally certain that they are going in the car?

Kam88

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 11:19:04 pm »
thats a good point i don't see why they wouldn't work is you changed the foils as long as they are petrol cluster