Make a donation

Author Topic: Lowered your ride or thinking about it?..  (Read 14192 times)

Offline Paulo P

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: Lowered your ride or thinking about it?..
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 10:43:13 am »
eibach sport line's lower the car slightly more than eibach pro's don't they? In the 2 photos above they don't look much different.
Yes, about 1/2" more.

I thought so, I'll make sure I buy these ones. Thanks

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 23
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2015, 12:06:32 am »
I know theres quite a lot of people on what i class as "high end" coilover kits such as KW's.. Would be great if we could get some more posts including both ends of the budget still (Sub £500) and £500+).

Also if anyone has had any issues after installing that they have had to repair or replace/upgrade then add that in, as every bit of information can and will help other people so they know what they can expect or what they may have to do if they have similar issues :happy2:

One that seems to pop up regularly is the 'Arch Screw Mod' for those people that have suffered from some rubbing issues if they are running their car low.. Be great if someone could also attach a link to that?..

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2015, 01:00:03 pm »
Should help mate @CarlW - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,81928.msg847385.html#msg847385

Also, what I've generally learnt' is that if you want a particularly slammed low profile, or something that will offer regular track use stiffness or high end performance in terms of roll and cornering, then it's worth spend four figures or more on some thing focused like KW's, Blisteins or H&R's etc...

If the above doesn't apply, and like me you just want an improved cosmetic drop but without sacrificing ride comfort and because you drive around 'normal' UK roads for 95% of the life of your ownership, then something like the AP's for less dosh would probably be kosher enough. They've certainly done me true and fine.

I'm actually quite surprised how flat mine handles up to talent-testing-speed although I've got the heavy Derv lump up front perhaps helping the majority of that  :grin: :happy2:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Phil_H

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 02:40:50 pm »
New OEM Shocks, Eibach Sportlines.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 09:07:55 pm »

H&R 30mm. Manual GTI. Standard shocks.

Being picky the front could be 10mm lower as there is a tiny bit more arch gap compared to the rear.

But the good thing is that the car rides just as well as on standard springs and handles better. It stays flatter and rolls less. No rubbing.

I'll probably get some coilovers and go for some stance at some point (I still haven't grown up), but for now I'm very happy with the H&Rs. It looks and feels OEM but at the height it should have been from the factory.