Make a donation

Author Topic: My Edition30  (Read 10837 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: My Edition30
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 06:16:30 pm »
Didn't realise the internal bulbs were W5W's! I have a load of those Philips Bluevision lay around the garage too! Nice one Ron!  :happy2:

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 06:31:58 pm »
Very nice Ron,can't beat them alloys.Just a quick bit of advice please.When you changed the footwell lights (drivers side) is there some sort of block connection to the light unit ?. The drivers side one on mine has never worked & when i took the light out there were no wires/connections at all   :sad1:???????.
On another note today i noticed the drivers sun visor vanity mirror dosen't light up either when i open the cover cover fuse maybe?.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Ron, Edition30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 08:00:37 pm »
Your drivers side footwell light wiring connector is probably loose behind the trim somewhere. You should be able to fish it out with something with a bit of luck.

For the vanity light I'd try swapping the bulbs in the vanity lights over to see if you just need a new bulb.

Edition30 - Reflex Silver - 3door - Manual - Highline - RNS-510 - Unmodified - No.1097

Offline fiddlermay2003

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 07:40:52 am »
Hi.. would you mind telling me what is the approx clearance between the "new" carpet and the boot secrecy flap?..........room for a suitcase or two  !!  ?

Thanks,      Paul.

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 02:08:54 pm »
Lovely car Ron... Looks fantastic in Silver. And it's always nice to see a cherished standard car too.

Mind if I ask where you're from? There are a couple of Silver Ed30's round my way.
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline Ron, Edition30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 04:09:03 pm »
what is the approx clearance between the "new" carpet and the boot secrecy flap?..........room for a suitcase or two  !!  ?
With the foam boot inserts you loose about 10cm depth in the boot. Distance between the floor level and the underside of the parcel shelf becomes 43cm with these in there.

With the rear seats folded down you don't have a level floor with these in either, although I tend to avoid folding the rear seats if I can as I've found that the seatbelt sockets tend to mark the leather.

Edition30 - Reflex Silver - 3door - Manual - Highline - RNS-510 - Unmodified - No.1097

Offline Ron, Edition30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 04:26:57 pm »
Mind if I ask where you're from? There are a couple of Silver Ed30's round my way.
Just north of London, doubt it's me as I've yet to see another silver Edition30 on the road near me or anywhere for that matter.

Seen all other colours for the Edition30 on the road now except silver & white!

Offline fiddlermay2003

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 07:28:23 pm »
Thanks for the reply re; boot space Ron. I have a spare Pescaro (£80 off e-Bay 2 years ago)  which I keep on the boot floor ( a bit messy) so may now go for your option,which until I saw your item I didn't know existed. By the way I have put on the cheap BBS  "CH" wheels which look fantastic (PW Motorsport) and am keeping originals - and original mats on one side. Rubber mats ,by the way are very useful for wet, wintry weather  --   YES , I have 3 sets  of mats in total -sad or what ? !!

I have a silver 5 door DSG .  In the past  I've had 'em all.   Mk 1 Lotus Cotinas , Elan Sprint, V12 E-Type DH with chrome wires  (9,000 miles) , Cosworths  (all types)  2  x Integrales (BRILLIANT CARS in beautiful condition , but so expensive  labour  wise  to service and repair).  I  still have a 1991 Mk 2 GTI (had from new - 90,000 miles) (Selling) (see Pistonheads)   My favourite car of all time ...........The Edition 30  ............ ...I LOVE IT - BRILLIANT CAR !! ..... .... Oh , forgot to mention...I used to be a hairdresser!!.  I didn't mention the  2 MGB's  (on purpose !)...you know what , I  just couldn't get on with them !!!

Thanks again Ron.  I have priced up the boot raising option and it looks to be around the £100 mark. You just needs a VW parts man that's on your your side and is prepared to do a little research for you.

Cheers for now,

Paul.

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 08:01:21 pm »
Just north of London, doubt it's me as I've yet to see another silver Edition30 on the road near me or anywhere for that matter.

Seen all other colours for the Edition30 on the road now except silver & white!

Ah, ok, not you then. I see a silver, grey and white one virtually everyday. Quite common round my way, often being driven by mums on the school run too. Along with a few of R32s. What a waste.
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline fiddlermay2003

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 08:14:59 am »
Thanks for the photo and advice on the boot / full size wheel set up.  Got the bits and sorted it. (approx  £100)  A bit of clenched fist needed to get everything into place - the sort of job you do in a third of the time the second time around. But  ,  fantastic. I didn't believe it would be so good.

Thanks again Ron.   Happy Christmas and an even happier 2010.  Probably will be IF  (don't count on it!!) we can get rid of G.B. et al  !!

Regards,   Paul.

Offline Mako V12V

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
    • Astons, Porsches & Golf GTIs
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 12:16:18 pm »
Happy Christmas and an even happier 2010.  Probably will be IF  (don't count on it!!) we can get rid of G.B. et al  !!

Regards,   Paul.
AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:
VW Golf Edition 30, Candy White, 3dr Manual. Plus a stunning Aston Martin V12 Vantage!

Offline Ron, Edition30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 12:20:31 pm »
Hi Paul, good to hear it's worked well for you. Did you replace the boot floor carpet, side trims and black plastic boot lip part for the raised equivalents?

If so, are the luggage hooks accessible now and do the foam inserts secure in place better than they would have with the original trim pieces?

Is the different floor carpet reinforced all the way out to the edges? Unlike my original floor carpet below.

I've also wanted to investigate how to secure the wheel in place. Might have to place the wheel face down to be able to use the plastic securing bolt thing. Might just tie it down with something.

Good to hear it's worked well for you.

Cheers
Ron   

Offline fiddlermay2003

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2009, 02:28:00 pm »
Hi Ron.  I just had the boot lip and carpet (not the side trims - not really needed) and of course the  actual poly inserts.  Everything fits perfectly and boot floor is SOLID !. Turn the wheel upside down with the centre cap out and hold in place with the plastic screw holder.  "Centre" the screw  and hold in place somehow before you put the wheel in because it falls to one side and could scratch your wheel. If you want them I will send the parts nos of the bits that I had.  Just let me know.

Thanks again.

Kindest regards,

Paul.

Offline fiddlermay2003

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2009, 02:38:58 pm »
Hallo Ron again.  I forgot  to say that the side hooks are not accessible, but as far as I am concerned that is no great loss. I used the spaces on either side of the wheel to store the jack etc, packed with the 1 inch x 1/2 inch polystyrene parcel packaging.  (large snow !!)  Just be careful with all your bits and pieces - lock nut key,wire nut cover puller , centre cap etc . Polythene bag for them.  I'm beginning to sound like your mother aren't I ? !! I think I'm old enough !!

Anyway, take care....son.... !

Paul.

Offline Ron, Edition30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2009, 03:09:49 pm »
Thanks for the replies Paul, the part numbers for the carpet and boot lip would be great. Think I will eventually add them as well.

Cheers
Ron.