Make a donation

Author Topic: From EP3 to ED30 #1163 ! Newbie saying Hi  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Trow81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
From EP3 to ED30 #1163 ! Newbie saying Hi
« on: May 31, 2015, 09:18:25 am »
Hi all
Just a quick introduction. My name is Rich and as the title suggests I have made the jump from JAP to DUB. :driver: Had the Type R 10 years from new and loved every second, but always felt like something was missing. Then my friend @jayha11 purchased a MK5GTI and that peaked my interest. So I went with him to Ultimate DUBS and that what is, I needed a GTI in my life. So much to the wife's annoyance every night was spent searching the WEB for a decent example for the money I wanted to spend, this proved harder than I first thought. I love the look of the R32, but not the fuel bill that comes with it. So then came Early Edition 38 and I was still a tourist thinking I would never find a car. When I got back I hit the WEB hard that week and there it was a MK5GTI Edition 30 in Tornado Red!!! :drool: So a phone call later a test drive was arranged and off I went the next day. Needless to say I knew I was probably going to buy it on the journey down. Then I saw it and was sure I would buy it. After a good inspection of the car, log book (full service history) etc it was time to get behind the wheel. Well that was it - HOOKED - a little haggling later and she was mine  :happy2:
So been snooping around the forum for a while and finally thought it was time to say hello. I have had the car about three weeks now and I know I made the right choice. The wife is finally happy the search has ended, especially as she now has the Type R (Which means I can still drive it  :evilgrin:) I have done a few little Mods this weekend pics to follow and lots more in mind (slippery Slope) so finally I look forward to being part of a great forum and community with lots of knowledge and experience thanks for reading guys :smiley:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: From EP3 to ED30 #1163 ! Newbie saying Hi
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 11:22:34 am »
Welcome to the forum,get some photos up in the members rides section,how does the golf compare to the type r

Offline Trow81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 11:28:19 am »
Thanks. It's much smoother than the Type R and the lower down power delivery compared to Vtec delivery, loving every second so far :happy2:

Offline numec

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 07:30:06 pm »
Welcome and congrats on your new ride.

Offline rashg60

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 41
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 09:29:35 pm »
Welcome....pics please.

What mods have you done already - you didn't waste any time!

And what're your future plans for it?

I've always been intrigued by the Type-R but have never had Jap Crap - I just can't do it. It's like going against nature. They all seem exactly the same from inside. My wife has a Toyota Yaris and the inside looks and feels the same as previous Pulsar's/Type R's I've sat in - not a good sign.

Anyway, that's enough slating of the Jap cars. Welcome to Germania  :innocent:
Previous motors (in order of succession since 1994):-

VW Golf MK2 GTi 8v
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
VW Corrado G60 Supercharged
Volvo C70 2.0 Turbo Convertible
Audi TT MK1 1.8T quattro (225)
Mercedes CLS 320 V6
Audi TT MK1 3.2 V6 Quattro
Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Quattro
VW Golf MK5 GTi 2.0 Turbo

Offline Trow81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 12:53:17 pm »
@rashg60 thanks loved the civic but know wat u mean loving the ED30 there is no comparison.
So far car has had a cat back power flow exhaust for now. GTI seat handle inserts
Pressed plates
New U.S. Style smooth grill
Black VW badge although I've just had a Matt black and red badge delivered so that's going on !
Red GTI badges on front grill and boot lid
My ED30 plaque #1163 has arrived not sure on placement yet though
Parrot MKI9200 Bluetooth

Future plans:
Intake system
Lower car
Paint or wrap Lower rear valence and front splitter BLACK
Dark cherry hazard switch
Mk6 steering wheel
Upgrade radio to sat nav touch screen
ED30 badge for front grill
Stage 1 remap