Make a donation

Author Topic: Bulk Mail Merge Tool with Merged fields in attached PDF  (Read 819 times)

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Bulk Mail Merge Tool with Merged fields in attached PDF
« on: June 05, 2015, 06:22:30 pm »
Guys,

I need a tool that can Email mail merge but also (and here's the curve ball) attach a PDF document with mail merged fields within it i.e. the PDF contains also mail merged fields which are addressed to the email recipient.

It's not so critical that the email itself has mail merge fields. The challenge is tying up the email attachments to the email recipients which seems a real bitch - if it was just a boggo email, we could just use Word or Sage ACT or similar... Our FDO has (for unknown reasons) stated the formal letter itself must be received as a PDF attachment, despite advice against (the attachment may not reach, or may be held up by email filters etc....)

Anyone got any smart ideas? Despite being in IT for ten years, this is a tricky one  :confused: :stupid:

Obviously confidentiality to recipients is also key, so the exposure of email addresses must be zero to each recipient (i.e. it only appears that it was sent to them, and them only). There can be no email address exposure.

I want to try and avoid scanning these formal letters into a PDF and then sending them individually, which will take some considerable time as there's hundreds and hundreds.

Appreciate any wise pointers  :happy2:

Thanks.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=kaqen4ln2er5fqdtdiu67uk7a7&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
Re: Bulk Mail Merge Tool with Merged fields in attached PDF
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 06:50:02 pm »
I use TCPDF to generate PDF's on the fly with info from sql database.

05 | Tornado Red | DSG