Make a donation

Author Topic: Loss of power  (Read 1229 times)

Offline James10

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
Loss of power
« on: June 16, 2015, 10:00:17 pm »
Good evening all. Having now owned my gti for just over a month have found a slight issue which after researching has got me worried. When driving in any way be it spirited or just cruising along, a couple of times I have gone to accelerate when it feels like the cars power dies. It will still increase but very very slowly and then I slow down off boost and then try again and no good still very slowly increases. Pull over turn off engine, then start up and all will be fine again  :sad1: doesn't happen all the time which seems weird. Have read a thread of a guy with the same problem and did the usual dv change which I'm going to be doing but his wasn't solved as far as I'm aware. So just wondering if anyone has had this issue and what solved it?

Thanks James

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Loss of power
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 01:25:10 am »
Had a similar issue in mine and was the DV. Definitely get it done I would say

Offline James10

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 08:14:23 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Have just changed my dv valve for the updated gfb one. Problem is the standard one fitted didn't have any signs of splits  :sad1: took the car out for another drive and all was fine then boom, car basically lost all performance. Slowed down and it come back, this continued then for the next 15 minutes until it just stayed with no power. Car would increase revs until about 3500rpm then stop. Have read that maybe it could be the cam follower? Any more ideas. Starting to really worry

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 08:32:31 pm »
Anyone near you got VCDs to see what error codes might be coming up?

Offline James10

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 02:48:38 pm »
I'm hoping a friends mechanic has it so can get it plugged in. No faults come up on the dash just comes and goes! Not fun and slightly worrying if need to overtake anything because it happens at random times

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 03:29:53 pm »
Let us know how you get on would be interesting to see what the fault is! Know how you feel though really disheartening when stuff like this happens