Make a donation

Author Topic: i like these help me stop spending if you can lol  (Read 5304 times)

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
Re: i like these help me stop spending if you can lol
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2009, 08:12:27 pm »

I've been followed and stopped (for high speed in 70 limits) by unmarked police cars a few times and any comment about my car has been words to the effect: "I can see you look after your car, sir" and they've just given it a very quick but expert glance. I make a point of being legal and even contacted the local police when my front number plate dropped off - I was given something to produce in case I was stopped.

We all do things wrong occasionally and the police are just doing their job. It's best to respect them and not take the piss. Believe me, it can make a difference.

Those LED tails I've got are totally oem with all the right approvals etc. [so are my LED Daytime Running Lights but we don't talk about those!]

If only more people had the same attitude Robin, everyone's life would be easier.
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2009, 08:18:00 pm »
Problem with modifications like these is there are no strict legal/illegal guidlines. Fact is if a police officer thinks they are not legal, he will follow it through. I had dark lights on one of my old cars and got pulled over. Luckily i had the originals in the boot and said i would change them as i had just been at a show. They were cool and said they didnt want to see me with the lights on again, on ebay they went.
Same as HIDs, you might not get pulled for them or you might.

Offline matsu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2009, 08:21:02 am »
thanks again guys
i reckon i will go with german supplier on the other thread and get them changed so they are legal.
methinks i,m getting too old to try play silly bug##rs with local plod all the time!
but there is this lil gremlin inside me that hates the fact i,m told what to do by some faceless doddering old fart who is claiming four houses expenses employing his mistress as an "assistant" on my expense and probably wouldnt know one end of a car from the other whilst laying down legislation that no one needs or wants........end of rant :sad1:hee hee

matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2009, 06:25:27 pm »
Some traffic cops do know their laws on modded cars, others don't know jack.

As for tinted/smoked rears, the important bit is reflectors. These need to be visible so others know that there's a vehicle that's parked. Hence if you smoke your rear lights, then fitting reflectors is a way round this.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Website design Sheffield
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2009, 10:13:47 pm »
SEAT Ibiza Sport | Vauxhall Astra VXR | BMW Z4 M-Sport | VW Golf GTi Edition 30 | BMW F30 330D X-Drive

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2009, 10:32:18 pm »
Little blue peter tip - cover your tail lights with a pair of your old girls finest tights (the less ladders the better)   :chicken:

If you dont like em, pull em off, stick em back in her 'undies' drawer and she will never know!   :grin: 

No money spent, everyones a winner   :xmassmiley: