Make a donation

Author Topic: rr day Halifax - results and pics.  (Read 35297 times)

Offline Blade

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Taking a sabatical from cars
    • Email
Re: rr day Halifax - results and pics.
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2009, 03:46:11 pm »
Iv,e come across this before with DSG equipped cars - on RR,s they seem to make way over what they should given the mods. It gotta be something to do with the way the rolling road calibrates the drag/loading on the rollers - DSG seems to be able to fool it into thinking there is more power being transmitted to the sensors.

ps, not having a dig at your car Bacillus just my observations mate :happy2:

Offline chungster

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2009, 03:59:29 pm »
^^^ but then RR's DSG K03 GTI has never made more than what most people expect?

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2009, 04:18:14 pm »

ps, not having a dig at your car Bacillus just my observations mate :happy2:

No offence taken mate.   :smiley:

fwiw I went on one car after TC on the RR and the RR operator seemed to be au fait with the dsg box.

Now will RedRobin lend me his twintake to see if it makes any difference in output.   :wink:  :evilgrin:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2009, 05:26:54 pm »
Iv,e come across this before with DSG equipped cars - on RR,s they seem to make way over what they should given the mods. It gotta be something to do with the way the rolling road calibrates the drag/loading on the rollers - DSG seems to be able to fool it into thinking there is more power being transmitted to the sensors.

@blade
Simple answer to that is no it doesnt. RRs 245hp stage 2 is under what most stage 2 k03s(that i have seen) get on JKMs, IMO thats down to the fact he was using his standard intake. Of which im sure it is now solved with the edition of his twintake, and he will be there competing with the others if not surpassing them.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9545.0 post 9 shows three stage 2 cars all on JKMs making more than that. 266hp310Ibft, 256.7hp300ibft and 260.2hp295Ibft respectively.
I know last two of these are manual for sure and im pretty sure the first one is as well looking a the date it was done.

So im not to sure where you get the idea that RRs is making way more than it should. If DSG was making it misread,and give higher results than it should then he should be making more than those????

I can see wher you are coming from with bacillus's results, they seem very high but then there are no other complaints with other results on the day. Plus he has had that before on another RR. he might just have a very strong engine.(or a secret)

some guys on here are insistant that the k03 just does not perform.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2009, 05:32:12 pm »
Excellent results guys :happy2:

Gaz, did you expect that amount of power? and BTW your sig needs altering now :drinking:
Golf R gone.

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2009, 05:33:46 pm »
K03 doing more then 300bhp, only Regals RSR has done more at 350 but whether that was with the k04 upgrade installed im not sure.?

If bacillus is adement that his car still has its K03 inside, then Operator error and a coinsidence with a previous RR day is more likely.

A good engine cant produce 40bhp or so more, just because its " a Good Engine".
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 05:36:05 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2009, 05:34:44 pm »
Excellent results guys :happy2:

Gaz, did you expect that amount of power? and BTW your sig needs altering now :drinking:

no, not at all, was thinkin 340ish which is what I predicted at the time

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2009, 05:41:39 pm »
Im with you there in that a good engine will not produce an additional 50bhp. But its not 50Bhp overproducing though is it. 280bhp and 285bhp has been seen on DD rollers.

I spoke to JKM before changing maps and he has seen that a fair amount of times although 275-280hp was more realsitic target. So if that was the case then it could be overreading by 20-30bhp. still pushing the boundries though, i agree.

TBH that post was more aimed at blades post saying RRs is over producing with stage 2 cos of his DSG. which IMO is blatantly not the case.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 05:43:55 pm by vRSy »

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2009, 06:12:21 pm »
^^ yes Robins car is set on a safer boost setting and not max'd out to preserve his 2nd turbo.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2009, 06:47:11 pm »
^^ But Robin's car isn't Stage 2+ like bacillus, and bacillus invests a lot of time logging his car so knows his Revo settings are right for the car/mods he has.

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2009, 06:49:15 pm »
Chaps....

Saturday was the PERFECT day for the rollers, The QNH (corrected atmospheric pressure) was something like 1005 millibars compared to a standard day of 1013mb so cold and dense, temp was maybe 4 degrees compared to a standard day temp of maybe 14 degrees at 500ft up, cold soaked intercoolers.

Now I appreciate the requested PSI is the requested PSI but boyles law and all that!

In addition Bacillus took the time and trouble to tweak his settings to suit the ambient conditions and reaped the benefits.

I think the red herring was the std Ed30 of monkes that did 230.00 BHP, how often have you heard of a stock car putting out stock power after 5,10,15kmiles. Monke reaped the benefits of the day to show stock when maybe you would expect a recircing TFSI to drop off a little bit.

If bacillus had run 290 in the middle of summer then we maybe would be a little more accepting.

To accuse the mild mannered, glasses wearing doctor of being part of a conspiracy theory is a little far off the mark, just well prepped on good gas for the right day imho......

Now wheres me tin hat gone.....

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2009, 06:50:13 pm »
oh yeah course he's not ready to do the HPFP yet is he.

but still Chris / whiteGTI with S2+ never did 300bhp, but he got close at Superchips didn't he?

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2009, 06:51:39 pm »
oh yeah course he's not ready to do the HPFP yet is he.

but still Chris / whiteGTI with S2+ never did 300bhp, but he got close at Superchips didn't he?

Chris also had just Stage 2 IIRC  :confused:

Offline southy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2009, 06:54:17 pm »
put my gt sport tsi on, revo map...

happy with it  :smiley:
southy

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2009, 06:56:03 pm »
Have to say Phil the guys at the racingline know the dsg box very well as they deal with the new evo 10 setup all the time and has done lots of vag cars in the past with dsg and sets the rollers up for them. it was a good laugh and as Dave has said bacillus knew how to set his car up for the day and his mods and when are we all booking our cars in with him for a setup  :signLOL:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box