Make a donation

Author Topic: Help golf mk5 - rear doors no power  (Read 153 times)

Offline Mallz86

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Help golf mk5 - rear doors no power
« on: October 03, 2024, 09:30:08 am »
Hi all,

I’m in desperate need of help with my golf mk5 (5door). The rear two doors seem to get no power at all. The window, switches, speakers, door lock all do not work - I can’t control the window/lock from the front either.

I have replaced the wiring loom for one of the doors and no luck, I have checked the power to the window module on the replaced loom and I get no power. I checked the fuses and they’re all okay. I am totally stumped on what to do I get these two errors on VCDS.

46- comfort system - 00931, 00930 - lock unit for central locking.   Rear right+left

Before I replace the lock unit I want to understand if that would cause the rest of the door to get no power. I am also hopefully going to try swap my rear window modules with my mates to see if it makes any changes.

Anyone have a clue what’s going on

Offline Mallz86

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Help golf mk5 - rear doors no power
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2024, 06:57:14 pm »
I took apart the interior panels and checked for power going to the exterior connector and I got 0 power excluding the black wire and a yellow/green wire. However it wasn’t constant it was a fluctuating power. (Only checked drivers side)

Could it possibly be a coding issue ?

« Last Edit: October 03, 2024, 08:13:21 pm by Mallz86 »

Offline Mallz86

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Help golf mk5 - rear doors no power
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2024, 06:10:42 pm »
I had replaced the window motor from another working golf, this brought no luck. I’ve ordered a door lock module and will see if that is any help.

Any ideas?