Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2698147 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=1oluld4am3qp0obs386j5sanc6&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #4500 on: May 25, 2013, 10:47:51 pm »
Paul... i LIKE that a lot!!!  :congrats: :congrats:

Were the looms expensive?

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 13
  • 56 plate 5 door in Black Pearl Metallic
« Reply #4501 on: May 25, 2013, 11:06:39 pm »
Hey Rich

I think it was £55 ish for the looms and lamp units. Easy to fit - the 'How to' guide is very useful for the front doors but the door controller connector for the rear doors had me scratching my head for a moment but its simple in reality.  The only thing that's slightly annoying is having to buy extra door card clips;  a lot of them broke when pulling the door cards off the doors.  They're about 50p each so no biggie really.  Let me know if you need any more info about fitting or coding!!

PR

Offline Jonny_FRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4502 on: May 26, 2013, 12:14:50 am »
Painted my calipers blue  :jumpmove:

Mk5 Golf GT 170 - Stage 2 (now sold)

Mk6 Golf GTi next on the list!

Offline flashp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
« Reply #4503 on: May 26, 2013, 01:36:37 am »

Nice job!  :happy2:
Did you brush paint or spray?
Which paint was that you used and how (prep etc) if you don't mind my asking.  :drinking:

Gone but not forgotten :-)

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #4504 on: May 26, 2013, 07:08:49 am »
Not too my taste but different  :happy2:

I just had to pic these...I told myself to stop and pic this on the way back every time I passed it, but would forget ;p
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Jonny_FRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4505 on: May 26, 2013, 09:54:32 am »

Nice job!  :happy2:
Did you brush paint or spray?
Which paint was that you used and how (prep etc) if you don't mind my asking.  :drinking:

Thanks mate, Its brush paint - used Hammerite smooth direct to rush paint  :happy2:

First off i wire brushed the calipers until all the rust and loose crap was off them, then i sanded until there was no corroded areas and the surfaces were flat:

followed by 2 coats of paint  :happy2:
Mk5 Golf GT 170 - Stage 2 (now sold)

Mk6 Golf GTi next on the list!

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 13
  • 56 plate 5 door in Black Pearl Metallic
« Reply #4506 on: May 26, 2013, 04:52:02 pm »
Following the successful install of my door lights yesterday, and as my wife and daughter are away, I busied myself doing another of the jobs I've been putting off for ages namely replacing the Fuel Pump cam follower. Annoyingly, whilst the cam follower part was easy with no problems I managed to break the electrical connector to the thrust sensor which attaches to the left hand side of the pump and the only way to keep the connector firmly attached to the sensor is using cable ties. I guess these connectors can get brittle and I pushed the tab a little too hard trying to slide it off. Main dealer for me Tuesday morning!
The cam follower didn't look too worn but I'm glad its changed; my Edition 30 has 69K miles now so shouldn't need changing again for some time.
Anyone have experience of rewiring these connectors?  I'm sure I'll be able to work it out?!? :confused:

Old cam follower on the right....

Offline detailer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
  • I like things shiney
« Reply #4507 on: May 26, 2013, 04:57:50 pm »
Gave it a wash :)

Offline torque777

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 12
Re: Re: Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #4508 on: May 26, 2013, 08:12:12 pm »
Following the successful install of my door lights yesterday, and as my wife and daughter are away, I busied myself doing another of the jobs I've been putting off for ages namely replacing the Fuel Pump cam follower. Annoyingly, whilst the cam follower part was easy with no problems I managed to break the electrical connector to the thrust sensor which attaches to the left hand side of the pump and the only way to keep the connector firmly attached to the sensor is using cable ties. I guess these connectors can get brittle and I pushed the tab a little too hard trying to slide it off. Main dealer for me Tuesday morning!
The cam follower didn't look too worn but I'm glad its changed; my Edition 30 has 69K miles now so shouldn't need changing again for some time.
Anyone have experience of rewiring these connectors?  I'm sure I'll be able to work it out?!? :confused:

Old cam follower on the right....

You can buy most connectors and repair wires from vw/tps quite cheaply

sent using my own fingers

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #4509 on: May 27, 2013, 01:53:03 pm »
I had been meaning to change the passenger side door mirror indicator for a while as the seal had failed and was letting in moisture which was feeding the algae farm  :laugh:

Quick search brought up a guide on how to breakdown the mirror assembly, 30 minutes later the job was done :)
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #4510 on: May 27, 2013, 01:59:43 pm »
Painted my calipers blue  :jumpmove:

did you paint them in place or off the car???
hand painted or sprayed??
great tidy looking job
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #4511 on: May 27, 2013, 02:12:18 pm »
I made an ipod dock for in my ashtray

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #4512 on: May 27, 2013, 02:16:48 pm »
pics???...
sounds good
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #4514 on: May 28, 2013, 03:19:37 pm »
Gave it a much needed wash yesterday :happy2:

And today its pissing it down :sad1:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦