Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2697559 times)

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #3570 on: February 09, 2013, 08:41:19 pm »
Also bought a new wiper blade (rear) and 1ltr of oil from my local dealer. Bought new rear discs and pads from Eurocarparts parts.

Only got the 1ltr oil bag not the oil as dealers are expensive  :scared:

Check eurocarparts as they have big discounts on usually for oil  :happy2:

Dave
you say an OIL BAG !
i am trying to think why it wouldnt just be in a 1litre bottle, not much size difference ?

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #3571 on: February 09, 2013, 08:51:27 pm »
Used the head light 3M kit as well today, after seeing it on here. Think I didn't use a good enough (speed wise) drill initially, as although its not too bad, it took a lot with the final 3000 grit to get it clear. Ordered a second kit to do it again with the more powerful drill.
same thing as me today, bought the same set for my wifes car as its an 03 plate and thought it needs to be done.
Got everything ready outside, read all the instructions, charged up 2 drill batteries then looked at her lights.
10 years old and apart from some chips on them there was nothing else, no yellowing no cloudiness lol but i thought bugger it im still doing it as im here now  :rolleye:
didnt make any diff to the lights tbh, kept waiting for the cloudiness to appear whilst sanding but it just never came.
Stood back after 1 light done and i was toiling to see any difference to the other light.
I guess the cloudiness etc only appears if there is actually anything to sand off in the first place, either that or my drill wasnt fast enough ( forgot to check that tbh ).
I read it took someone 4 hours to do both headlights somewhere on another thread ? took me 30 minutes,,, how's that then ?
I mean there is only a small area to sand here,,, 4 hrs ???
If there is any difference at all ( which i cant see ) it is that it may have eliminated a tiny yellow tint but its very minor,
I prob done the whole thing wrong lol

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #3572 on: February 09, 2013, 09:56:41 pm »
Also bought a new wiper blade (rear) and 1ltr of oil from my local dealer. Bought new rear discs and pads from Eurocarparts parts.

Only got the 1ltr oil bag not the oil as dealers are expensive  :scared:

Check eurocarparts as they have big discounts on usually for oil  :happy2:

Dave
you say an OIL BAG !
i am trying to think why it wouldnt just be in a 1litre bottle, not much size difference ?

Was after one of those oil bags you can put a 1ltr bottle in and has Velcro on the back to secure it to the carpet in the boot  :wink:

Dave

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #3573 on: February 09, 2013, 09:58:17 pm »

Was after one of those oil bags you can put a 1ltr bottle in and has Velcro on the back to secure it to the carpet in the boot  :wink:

Dave

....VW dealers usually have them.  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3574 on: February 09, 2013, 10:00:26 pm »

Dave

Yes Robin that's where I said I got it from today  :laugh:

Dave

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #3575 on: February 09, 2013, 10:14:10 pm »

Was after one of those oil bags you can put a 1ltr bottle in and has Velcro on the back to secure it to the carpet in the boot  

Thought those oil bags came as standard with the car. It did with mine, complete with oil etc.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 10:39:03 pm by homesqueeze »
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3576 on: February 09, 2013, 10:17:24 pm »

Dave

Thought those oil bags came as standard with the car. It did with mine, complete with oil etc.

Yes Robin that's where I said I got it from today  :laugh:

Dave

Well some bugger musta nicked mine before I bought the car..... along with the safety kit and the bottle opener  :stupid:

Dave

Offline Stanipkiss

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #3577 on: February 09, 2013, 10:31:43 pm »
Finally got some 18" alloys from the bay (till i find the right set of Pescara's) fitted them after dropping my eldest to her mum for the half term, 360 mile round trip, so dirty car.
Not OEM, but ZCW 7.5x18 215/35 cooper Zeons

Mk5 Jetta 2.0l Tdi 140 se Apex RDX coilovers, BBS VZ003, Skyline tails, Genuine Xenons more to come

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #3578 on: February 09, 2013, 11:13:25 pm »
Used the head light 3M kit as well today, after seeing it on here. Think I didn't use a good enough (speed wise) drill initially, as although its not too bad, it took a lot with the final 3000 grit to get it clear. Ordered a second kit to do it again with the more powerful drill.
Yes, good speed is desired and it must continue. Lithium batt-packs are awesome, but still the job may require one, one day and finish the other another day. If you remove more with the two grits provided you can get it clear much faster. If you get to the pad after the two grits, and it is difficult to polish clear, then you need to go back to the sanding discs and remove more. Then make those grooves mostly go away with the next grit, and the polish pad should bring up the clearness you seek. Do not allow any water to come into contact with the two sanding discs. That will diminish their effectiveness. Little to almost no pressure worked best for me in the first two stages.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #3579 on: February 10, 2013, 11:57:13 am »
Yesterday I serviced the jetta with all new filters and oil and also discs and pads all round and whilst the calipers were off gave them a lick of silver paint just to smarten it all up, the 312s on the front standout abit better behind the wheels with the silver calipers now  :smiley:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:58:59 am by Dannyboy88 »

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #3580 on: February 10, 2013, 12:59:04 pm »
tried changing my Diverter valve from D to G....... need new bolts tho so going to have to leave it on axel stands till tomorrow and get new bolts from VW, & might look at getting a new oil bag too!

then decided that it was too cold/windy to install my new rear under seat lighting purchased from Eddie-NL so saving that for a warmer day!

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #3581 on: February 10, 2013, 04:30:47 pm »
Swapped my intercooler hose clamps to stainless steel Hi-Grips as advised by AKS Alex....

Then went on to wash the car to only find some bubbling on the front arch where the paint has come away from the metal lip... Better go and read the Rust Warranty thread... Reckon they'd replace with Seibon Carbon ones?! Lol
Diesel Daily Hack.

Saintsteve

« Reply #3582 on: February 10, 2013, 05:08:00 pm »
Swapped my intercooler hose clamps to stainless steel Hi-Grips as advised by AKS Alex....

Then went on to wash the car to only find some bubbling on the front arch where the paint has come away from the metal lip... Better go and read the Rust Warranty thread... Reckon they'd replace with Seibon Carbon ones?! Lol
What reg is yours? I thought it was mainly pre 2007 were effected?

Offline Stanipkiss

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #3583 on: February 10, 2013, 07:14:29 pm »
Put the winters back on today after a short drive and NOT liking the look or ride of the 35 profile tyres on the 18's. Now on ebay.

Mk5 Jetta 2.0l Tdi 140 se Apex RDX coilovers, BBS VZ003, Skyline tails, Genuine Xenons more to come

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #3584 on: February 10, 2013, 07:23:41 pm »

What reg is yours? I thought it was mainly pre 2007 were effected?

Mine is a '07 plate...
Diesel Daily Hack.