Make a donation

Author Topic: www.nextdaybrakes.com - Bad customer service - POTN  (Read 7576 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: www.nextdaybrakes.com - Bad customer service - POTN
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 09:37:47 am »
Your name over the door Barry....

It's an interesting one. We frequently put our name to e-commerce websites we design and build, even working on a profit share basis for some set ups. As yet we've yet to experience it, but I'd think it deeply unfair if our reputation was tarnished because of the actions of a company we chose to work with, but have no actual involvement with other than to support their design activities.

Your name over the door Andrew

Well it's not actually.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 01:16:21 pm »

Your name over the door Barry....

It's an interesting one. We frequently put our name to e-commerce websites we design and build, even working on a profit share basis for some set ups. As yet we've yet to experience it, but I'd think it deeply unfair if our reputation was tarnished because of the actions of a company we chose to work with, but have no actual involvement with other than to support their design activities.

....Isn't such a 'relationship' very similar to a franchise? [Thinks of VW UK and those VW dealerships which bring the whole brand into disrepute]

If someone is flying the flag, bearing the standard, wearing the badge, it's all the same: They're a representative and must take some responsibility!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 01:24:09 pm »
I just see it as being a service provider. How can you take responsibility for something that is nothing to do with you?

For instance we do all the marketing for Urban Splash, a large property developer in the North West. Because we're very proud of this and they are a high profile company, we generally leave our "Designed by..." tag on any printed literature. If however they turned out to be crooks and were selling dodgy flats why would that be anything to do with us? I can understand why it might (wrongly) effect our reputation, but in what terms would it be right to take "responsibility"?

The franchise comparison isn't correct in my opinion. You should know this market Robin!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:33:51 pm by andrewparker »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 04:17:46 pm »
^^^^
I think we have both misunderstood each other  :smiley:

I wasn't directing my previous post #16 at you but in response to DaveB's post (as I quoted).

Is this thread about the design company you work for or own? Or about nextdaybrakes?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 04:21:24 pm »
Is this thread about the design company you work for or own? Or about nextdaybrakes?

Fair point! Let's get this back on track! :laugh:

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 07:46:23 pm »
Just used these people. ordered late last night and so far so good, checked the tracking and they were sent out the same night and waiting in my local depot for next working day delivery.....which will be Monday. No complaints so far.

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 10:05:32 am »
I personally would not reccommend using POTN or Europerformance, who have both sent out incorrect items based on my vehicle description (one set of coilovers and a set of springs) for previous cars, and the process of sending back for replacement/refund was like trying to get blood out of a stone. I got the distinct impression that since they had my money, they weren't that bothered if I had the wrong product. Sorted out in the end, but it does put you off using such comanies again  :confused:
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)