Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2697567 times)

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #3585 on: February 10, 2013, 09:36:37 pm »
tried changing my Diverter valve from D to G....... need new bolts tho so going to have to leave it on axel stands till tomorrow and get new bolts from VW, & might look at getting a new oil bag too!

then decided that it was too cold/windy to install my new rear under seat lighting purchased from Eddie-NL so saving that for a warmer day!

under seat lighting ??? mmmm what's that, sounds interesting, any pics anywhere  :drinking:

Offline wigit

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #3586 on: February 10, 2013, 10:18:59 pm »
took the Pirelli to Kent and demonstrated to Mrs W the clutch is starting to slip, amazed its lasted to 63k, trying to drop hints for more door R, 35 or mk7

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #3587 on: February 11, 2013, 11:44:11 am »
Had it remapped on Friday with a PDT map. I had it done at BW Chiptune as they are more local to me but it is a PDT map.

The max BHP was slightly less than expected but this is likely to be down to the dyno being setup for RWD cars.

Overall am loving the extra power/urgency. The pickup is brilliant :driver:

Also had the DV changed to rev G as a precaution before the remap, but the old (rev C) DV looked fine.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:46:01 am by Kalpsn2000 »
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #3588 on: February 11, 2013, 02:35:35 pm »
Washed the GTi yesterday, got rid of the winter grim & got this reflection shot when the sun came out today - just need to tidy up the garage :ashamed:

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #3589 on: February 11, 2013, 10:06:13 pm »
tried changing my Diverter valve from D to G....... need new bolts tho so going to have to leave it on axel stands till tomorrow and get new bolts from VW, & might look at getting a new oil bag too!

then decided that it was too cold/windy to install my new rear under seat lighting purchased from Eddie-NL so saving that for a warmer day!

under seat lighting ??? mmmm what's that, sounds interesting, any pics anywhere  :drinking:

i meant to say rear footwell lighting. from Eddie-NL in his thread here:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,21368.0.html

may attempt this weekend if its not fookin freezin!

which reminds me - my cup of tea and time to turn the little oil filled radiator on!

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #3590 on: February 12, 2013, 11:02:24 am »
Car got treated to a service, brake fluid change, rear wheel bearing and ABS Sensor.  :smiley: Wallet got treated to a battering.  :sad1:

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #3591 on: February 12, 2013, 11:11:12 am »
fitted front and rear footwell lights in the golf yesterday...
nice little mod!!!
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #3592 on: February 12, 2013, 07:46:14 pm »
Got car back today after getting bodyshop to polish out all the marks they left after doing my boot warranty repair. Seems to be looking better now, but they wouldn't change the shutline alignments after they didn't put it back in place right. wouldn't reposistion rear wiper back correctly either. Makes me feel like I'm being fussy, but is it really too much to expect to get it back in the same condition I gave it to them in?  :fighting:
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #3593 on: February 12, 2013, 08:42:00 pm »

Got car back today after getting bodyshop to polish out all the marks they left after doing my boot warranty repair. Seems to be looking better now, but they wouldn't change the shutline alignments after they didn't put it back in place right. wouldn't reposistion rear wiper back correctly either. Makes me feel like I'm being fussy, but is it really too much to expect to get it back in the same condition I gave it to them in?  :fighting:

....Who did you speak to about this at the bodyshop (their job title or position in the firm)?

Take your issue to the top level (the boss) or, if affiliated to a VW dealership, go to them first and then VW UK if you get no satisfaction.

It sounds as if you would have straightforward legal rights in this matter anyway. Citizens Advice Bureau? (Free advice). 

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

ReeceH13

« Reply #3594 on: February 13, 2013, 06:30:39 pm »
Went to AKS Tuning, new DV and DSG Service, car drives that little bit smoother!  :happy2:

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #3595 on: February 13, 2013, 06:50:14 pm »

Got car back today after getting bodyshop to polish out all the marks they left after doing my boot warranty repair. Seems to be looking better now, but they wouldn't change the shutline alignments after they didn't put it back in place right. wouldn't reposistion rear wiper back correctly either. Makes me feel like I'm being fussy, but is it really too much to expect to get it back in the same condition I gave it to them in?  :fighting:

....Who did you speak to about this at the bodyshop (their job title or position in the firm)?

Take your issue to the top level (the boss) or, if affiliated to a VW dealership, go to them first and then VW UK if you get no satisfaction.

It sounds as if you would have straightforward legal rights in this matter anyway. Citizens Advice Bureau? (Free advice).  

Thanks for the advice, but It's really not worth all the hassle. It's not actually that noticeable that's why I think they weren't so bothered to do it.  I can see it only because I know the car well and how it was. It just would have been nice if they had done it whilst it was back there already. I am in touch with a VW executive about the warranty work anyway and I will mention what has happened. To be honest I don't really want it to go back there now anyway because I don't trust them to take it off and reinstall the boot without causing more scratches.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:57:07 pm by homesqueeze »
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #3596 on: February 13, 2013, 09:16:01 pm »
Full scan done by Mr Hedge, also found out the Golf has the premium sound pack which i didn't know.
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #3597 on: February 14, 2013, 11:31:29 pm »
Removed the non-res TBE Milltek from the Golf. Back to a standard system with a GTI back box. Oh how I miss the low down growl my GT TDi had. I notice the car doesn't quite rev as freely as before either. :sad:

Needs musts tho, will be selling the car soon so a lot of the tasty parts are getting removed.  :sad1:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:29:11 am by dodds-gttdi »

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #3598 on: February 15, 2013, 12:07:32 am »
Ordered a 6.4bar regulated fuel filter because there is a chance that the one in the tank now is a 4bar ;p
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #3599 on: February 16, 2013, 11:30:00 pm »
Fitted Rear footwell lights.

Wires purchased from Eddie-NL and lights from ebay - the 18 LED complete unit from:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280780994196

Had to use a dremel to make the housings a little thinner on the sides and i had to make the hole it sits in under the seat a bit longer too.

Sorry for crappy iphone pic.