Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2701224 times)

Offline rob-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #5055 on: September 24, 2013, 11:15:21 am »
Fitted eibach sportlines
Fitted a Polo stubby aerial
Ordered front wishbone polybushes
Ordered a complete LED kit
Sportlines are comfy for a low spring drop ;p
Did you order WALK or bushings for other points?

Yeah they seem to be great so far!
I didn't go with the WALK, don't know much about it really... I ordered the 2 bushings for the front wishbones and front anti roll bar.

Offline Ant.W28LKR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #5056 on: September 24, 2013, 05:18:34 pm »
Dropped GTI sideskirts & ED30 rear bumper off at the bodyshop to be colour coded.

Offline Wooosh

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #5057 on: September 24, 2013, 11:34:39 pm »
Fitted eibach sportlines
Polo stubby aerial good upgrade Rob :happy2:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #5058 on: September 25, 2013, 10:30:39 am »
Fitted eibach sportlines

I didn't go with the WALK, don't know much about it really... I ordered the 2 bushings for the front wishbones and front anti roll bar.

They are very nice to have for reducing both sloppiness and hop.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #5059 on: September 25, 2013, 10:33:16 am »
I made a new, redo, of the intake valve cleaning diy vid using a new sprayer...It's 6 minutes, so bookmark to watch later ;p

K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline rob-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #5060 on: September 25, 2013, 12:47:27 pm »
Fitted eibach sportlines

Is the walk additional to the 2 bushings in the wishbone or does it replace once of the bushings?  :stupid:

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #5061 on: September 26, 2013, 06:02:08 pm »
Replaced the fuel filter which has cured the intermittent hesitation and lumpiness.
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #5062 on: September 27, 2013, 10:43:21 am »
Kerbed my front wheel today, so bloody annoying. Have had the wheels on the car for nearly 2 years now and no marks up until now!  :sad1:
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #5063 on: September 27, 2013, 07:30:38 pm »
Fitted eibach sportlines

Is the walk additional to the 2 bushings in the wishbone or does it replace once of the bushings?  :stupid:

Take a look here...they are different: http://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segue4.php?make=VOLKSWAGEN&model=GOLF&model_final=GOLF+MK5+1K%2C+1KP+INCL+PLUS%2C+GTI+FWD&vehicle=8%2F2003-2009

Saintsteve

« Reply #5064 on: September 27, 2013, 09:24:27 pm »
Kerbed my front wheel today, so bloody annoying. Have had the wheels on the car for nearly 2 years now and no marks up until now!  :sad1:

You done well , normally most women kerb alloys in a matter of weeks  :popcornsoda:...

Offline cuprajake

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,72567.0.html
« Reply #5065 on: September 27, 2013, 09:36:40 pm »
 Great vid Ron.

Are there any risks on doing this for the first time to a car just under the 50k mark? And I read you use white spirits?
Tornado red ed30 #0728

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #5066 on: September 28, 2013, 09:13:46 am »

You done well , normally most women kerb alloys in a matter of weeks  :popcornsoda:...

:surprised: OUCH!

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #5067 on: September 28, 2013, 09:24:33 am »
Great vid Ron.

Are there any risks on doing this for the first time to a car just under the 50k mark? And I read you use white spirits?
No risk...white spirits are an oil based solvent and are used in many performance restoring treatments. It is in the best fuel system and injector cleaners, in some great oil treatments like Marvel's Mystery Oil which many replace a qt of oil with MMO that is 25% to 30% white spirits, and it is in the best direct injection valve cleaners. I just use 10 to 12oz in the tank every 10k miles, and 10 to 12oz injected into the intake every 10k miles. I'm thinking of adding perhaps 4oz to the oil at 500 to 1000 miles before the next oil change coming up at 105k miles, since MMO has 3 to 4oz in it, just to breakdown any sludge that may be building in any nooks.

I just believe in looking at msds's to find what a products active ingredient is...I once purchased a gallon of outdoor moss killer spray...I know, seems unrelated but...I did as it said to and diluted it 50/50 with water and put it into a pressure sprayer to spray onto the vinyl siding on the North side of the house. It really did as it was supposed to do. I just rinsed it off and the moss went with it. I began cleaning up and noticed that much of my clothing was developing white and discolored spots on it. The same as bleach would do...I read its msds online and went to the laundry closet to check what bleach was called chemically...bleach I can buy for under $2usd, but this gallon of moss killer(that's actually bleach) cost $12usd. Yes, I spent $6 times what I would normally spend for bleach. And so it is the same with, for example BG44K, it's msds says a can of it is about 30% white spirits and they want almost $30usd for it, and want you to use two cans. For almost $60usd I can buy 4 gallons of mineral/white spirits. Slap a Brand label on something and for some reason it becomes worth 5 times more than it should.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:36:18 am by ROH ECHT »

Offline Bradders

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #5068 on: September 28, 2013, 05:47:24 pm »
used scuff master on my bolster....very happy with the result !

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #5069 on: September 28, 2013, 08:51:47 pm »
Drove down to blackburn to GNJ Motorsport to meet wattso (Tom) and his dad to swap his H&R Ultralows for my Bilstien B14 coilovers.

it was a 3 hour drive and besides getting up at 5am i thoroughly enjoyed the day

Tom and his dad are top blokes as are the staff at GNJ. would HIGHLY recommend the garage to anyone!

Going to drop the fronts 10mm tomorrow, the backs sit nicely i think. will take some photos tomorrow, as was getting dark when i got home.

Thom