Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2692650 times)

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #2475 on: November 11, 2012, 11:26:58 am »
Fitted the red calipers on the front and rear.

Anyone know if there would be a market for the old 312mm that came off, unpainted. Would replace seals and clean them up.

You can try the "For Sale" forum sections and e-bay. I've put all of my stuff that I swapped out on three different forums and craigslist, and sold nothing, and I have lots of oem stuff lying around now.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

scottm72

« Reply #2476 on: November 11, 2012, 01:02:26 pm »
got 510 h unit fitted
5ko unit fitted
mk6 camera fitted
lots of vcd coding done
shark fin / antenna as well
all supplied by eddie
all fitted and fin supplied by golfman
brilliant,,,, love the rear badge popping out,,, my kids want to play with it lol.
will get pics posted up tomorrow hopefully
 :happy2:

Scott - am I right thinking you are in Banchory? Might need to come and see this in action at some point! Sounds like Eddie/Golfman will also be getting some business....!  :driver:
yes im in banchory, you are welcome to come up at some point to see in action, obviously I haven't got the whole system fine tuned yet as I need to familiarise myself with the operation but its all working 100%,,, gotta love the camera dude  :laugh:

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #2477 on: November 11, 2012, 02:10:48 pm »
Anyone know if there would be a market for the old 312mm that came off, unpainted. Would replace seals and clean them up.

They'd definitely sell, although it depends what kind of figure you have in mind as to whether it's worth it?

Mk5 based cars with the 55mm strut & 288mm setup only need the carriers from the 312mm setup and new discs (as a minimum) for a cheap upgrade. Calipers and pads are the same so no brake bleeding required, but I doubt you'd want to sell them seperately.

On my last car which was a 2.0 tdi 140, I got red GTI calipers & carriers off a forum member for £40 and that's a reasonable price for a buyer I reckon. I wouldn't have minded colourless ones personally as it'd have matched the rears  :grin:

Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline Rachael

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #2478 on: November 11, 2012, 03:34:11 pm »
Yesterday, I proved to non believers that I can infact fit a wardrobe in my car  :signLOL:

Saintsteve

« Reply #2479 on: November 11, 2012, 03:43:26 pm »
Yesterday, I proved to non believers that I can infact fit a wardrobe in my car  :signLOL:

And is why the golf is such a great all rounder  :happy2:

scottm72

« Reply #2480 on: November 11, 2012, 07:20:48 pm »

great that lol  :rolleye:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #2481 on: November 13, 2012, 06:52:31 am »
Had a shakey front beam, that likely developed after removing the eyelids, so I added a bit of dense foam to the gap between the rear of the lamps and the core support trim. This did the trick.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=rqlne957tmhs1787vkbrirrq4a&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #2482 on: November 13, 2012, 08:38:30 am »
Its surprising what you can get in a Golf... 2.4m fence post for example (just carful of your sat nav screen)  :signLOL:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #2483 on: November 13, 2012, 12:35:54 pm »
Fitted the R32 rear bumper & some LED rear lights on Sunday, they look great :happy2:

But have a slight issue now. While removing the licence plate light/parking sensor connector (the main connector on the rear drivers side) I snapped the clip. So when putting it back in I used duct tape to hold it together and it looked fine. But after finishing I turned the ignition on and it came up with the light out warning and the licence plate light/rear parking sensors don't work, just get a long beep then nothing.

Reaching under the car I can feel the connector is still connected but I assume its not tight enough.

So is it an easy fix or not?

Will take a look tomorrow morning as am off. Maybe try and pull it tighter together with some cable ties for now?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:38:04 pm by Kalpsn2000 »
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline jonm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 12
    • Staffs-VW
« Reply #2484 on: November 13, 2012, 03:43:48 pm »
Fitted a Jetta GLI front with full chrome pack... Had the rear end sprayed to loose the scuff marks...

Offline Rachael

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #2485 on: November 13, 2012, 08:36:59 pm »
Managed to fit 4 adults in aswell as the wardbrobe,  was pretty darn impressed!

2.4m fence post, now THAT'S intriguing

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #2486 on: November 14, 2012, 03:44:26 pm »
Spent the afternoon applying the G1 ClearVision Smart Glass rain repellant and WOW it's ability to do what it says is incredible. Takes a bit of effort but well worth it, bring on the rain and ice!!

If I was any good at posting video I would post one but I'm not so take my word for it!

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 05:12:35 pm by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #2487 on: November 14, 2012, 03:47:51 pm »
Spent the afternoon applying the G1 ClearVision Smart Glass rain repellant and WOW it's ability to do what it says is incredible. Takes a bit of effort but well worth it, being on the rain and ice!!

If I was any good at posting video I would post one but I'm not so take my word for it!

Ive got this stuff in my room ready and waiting! Only got the car washed today so had no chance to apply it yet! Anyone got the thread or a short writup of how to apply it properly?

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #2488 on: November 14, 2012, 04:00:47 pm »
Spent the afternoon applying the G1 ClearVision Smart Glass rain repellant and WOW it's ability to do what it says is incredible. Takes a bit of effort but well worth it, being on the rain and ice!!

Ive got this stuff in my room ready and waiting! Only got the car washed today so had no chance to apply it yet! Anyone got the thread or a short writup of how to apply it properly?

Its great stuff, i highly recomend it. Here you go.....

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,43442.0.html

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #2489 on: November 14, 2012, 04:21:09 pm »
Can't wait to fit it!  :happy2: