Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2696203 times)

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #4050 on: April 04, 2013, 05:25:09 pm »
Dropped my Eddy off at the main stealers for a Full inspection service, engine flush and brake fluid change and a FREE car wash, I can't see how the last item is free when I'm spending nearly £400 on the other bits!!!! And I hope that the Valeter's at Preston Volkswagen are better than some other branches reading about the horror stories of swirled paint etc, the car is filthy after a long weekend away and I won't be getting chance to wash it myself anytime soon.
When mine goes into the dealers I specifiacally ask them not too clean my car. They usually use tfr and bloody brushes  :confused:

Forgot to do that last time and was actually surprised the car was fine when I went to pick it up :laugh:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #4051 on: April 04, 2013, 05:34:53 pm »
Got my car back after fresh rubber and wheels had been refurbed.Ill post pics (anyone able to help with an EASY way to this)

I can't wait to drive on fresh rubber!!! Also what's the best place to get centre caps OEM style please

Dealers are as good as anywhere for centre caps

I'll get on the phone to them! thank you

Got my car back after fresh rubber and wheels had been refurbed.Ill post pics (anyone able to help with an EASY way to this)

I can't wait to drive on fresh rubber!!! Also what's the best place to get centre caps OEM style please

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,945.0.html :happy2:

was hoping I didn't need to register to them....looks like I'll have to just get on with it! Thank u
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline numec

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #4052 on: April 04, 2013, 05:54:41 pm »
Oil change, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs...lastly cam follower changed..98, 888 miles..done at GNJ Motorsport! Thank you Graeme & team :happy2:

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #4053 on: April 04, 2013, 06:27:16 pm »
Waited all day for national windscreens to turn up and do my window only for them to realize after 20 minutes they didn't have a wiper arm puller so couldn't fit the new screen so there coming back tomorrow. What windscreen company doesn't have a tool that is more than likely going to be needed daily on there van!  :fighting: :fighting: got straight on the phone and there coming before 12 tomorrow.

Offline detailer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
  • I like things shiney
« Reply #4054 on: April 04, 2013, 06:29:38 pm »
Waited all day for national windscreens to turn up and do my window only for them to realize after 20 minutes they didn't have a wiper arm puller so couldn't fit the new screen so there coming back tomorrow. What windscreen company doesn't have a tool that is more than likely going to be needed daily on there van!  :fighting: :fighting: got straight on the phone and there coming before 12 tomorrow.
That's a poor show, hope it gets sorted.

Offline coolhandluke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #4055 on: April 04, 2013, 06:32:50 pm »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-VW-Alloy-Wheel-Centre-Caps-NEW-Later-Style-/350542673655?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&hash=item519df8b6f7

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #4056 on: April 05, 2013, 12:14:03 am »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-VW-Alloy-Wheel-Centre-Caps-NEW-Later-Style-/350542673655?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&hash=item519df8b6f7

Top dude thank you.
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline kahunajb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #4057 on: April 05, 2013, 11:32:26 am »
Nothing yet, still searching for one.........
05 Laser Blue Mk5 GTI - Revo Stage 1

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #4058 on: April 05, 2013, 04:31:08 pm »

Top dude thank you.

Were £25 from my dealer. I know it's only a couple of quid, just thought I'd say though  :happy2:
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline detailer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
  • I like things shiney
« Reply #4059 on: April 05, 2013, 04:33:10 pm »
Treat edit too some wolfs body wrap, wet vaced the seats and detailed the bay. Also had another trip too Tps for some replacement wheel nut covers. £6 for a full set, bargain  :happy2:

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #4060 on: April 05, 2013, 04:38:09 pm »
Found out I'm gonna have to spunk up £120 on a new GY Eagle because my wheel took a big whack and I got a cut into the tyre. Only just got a new set put on a few months ago  :sad1:  
At the least the rim protector did its job and saved my newly refurbed wheels from any major damage.
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #4061 on: April 06, 2013, 10:10:47 am »
people seem to think that if the cut is in rim protector part of tyre it will be ok, not sure if mot fail or not?
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline Melkiy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4062 on: April 06, 2013, 10:23:11 am »
Jetta bumper went on yesterday on my 1.6 fsi and a little mod needed to make that bumper fit.

From this

To this

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #4063 on: April 06, 2013, 10:47:36 am »
I found out what's been causing the ANNOYING rattle from my boot! The little panel that covers the inner light, so you can change the bulb... Removed it and its gone! Now to put some foam pads under it before refitting...

Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Jonny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 14
  • G7R Owner
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45008.0.html
« Reply #4064 on: April 06, 2013, 12:24:49 pm »
Attempting to remove my rear bumper.... This is the part I hate doing  :fighting: :fighting: